The Other Blog

This Blog is my ranting, raving and otherwise controversial posts blog. There is possibly something to offend everyone, but hopefully more something to make you THINK about something. Proceed with your mind open.

Thursday 22 March 2012

Pet Peeve and the reason why I don’t have a cellphone.

Pet Peeve and the reason why I don’t have a cellphone.

Once upon a time, there was no internet. I know some of you youngsters may not believe me, but its true. There were also no cell phones. And, most importantly, until relatively recently in this timeline, there was no Facebook.

I’m relatively easy to please. I truly am. I am a nice guy, who goes about his daily stuff and does what he has to – without needing to check in everywhere I go. I notice on Facebook I am constantly barraged with people’s every action - like they are trying to rub your nose in it. Most of this is coming from their cell-phone app. So I thought to myself, in my day, what would my “check ins” look like? So here is what I think it may be like:

9:48 am Johnny Naughty checked in at The Porcelain bowl, with URINE.
9:50am Johnny Naughty checked in at the Coffee Maker, with CREAMER and SUGAR
9:51am Johnny Naughty is Smoking with HIMSELF @ The Computer
9:51am Johnny Naughty is sipping coffee and checking emails @Home
9:55am Johnny Naughty is taking a SHIT @ The Porcelain Bowl with ToiletPaper
9:59am Johnny Naughty is Lighting a Cigarette and Reading annoying statuses on FACEBOOK @home while his HAND is on his…
See what I mean? I mean seriously. WHO GIVES A DAMN? Do we need a blow by blow of everyones day?

OK OK – rant over and maybe I am over re-acting. But do people not think? I mean lets put it this way. For a moment, imagine you are single. Or – better yet – imagine you just broke up with your boyfriend. And you are sad, or lonely, or depressed. And you go to facebook because that is your habit. And what are you barraged with? Happy couples telling you how they had lunch together at such and such, or how they are cuddling on the sofa watching romantic movies and eating popcorn, or wiping each others arses in their palatial home on a tropical island.

I’m not saying don’t be happy with your relationship or proud that you managed to eat at McDonalds today without throwing up because of pink slime, I’m just saying think a little more of the impact what you say has on other people and their feelings. And – the scary thing about that last statement – is that I have said that before in other blogs. Damnit – why isn’t anyone listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment