The Other Blog

This Blog is my ranting, raving and otherwise controversial posts blog. There is possibly something to offend everyone, but hopefully more something to make you THINK about something. Proceed with your mind open.

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Good riddance!

People with strong religious conviction often say things based upon their belief system. I’m not going to make this into a religious debate, because there are so many others who have made incredibly strong arguments on both sides of the issue, and it is not a debate I wish to get into. But I will say that I believe that any Deity who is supposedly loving, and kind and omnipotent would not hate any of his or her creations.

And so, with many gay people attempting to gain acceptance for their homosexuality from family and friends and the like, and often facing rejection, hatred and ridicule from “society”, this morning I was taken aback to read a comment posted on the picture of myself and my pups during the pride parade.



The comment (now removed) was “fucking stupid” and the person who posted it, did me the favour of removing themselves from my friends list after posting the comment. And well they should.

I make no apologies for who I am and some of the many things I am into. I like a LOT of things – some which people may find weird or “out there” or just different. But then again, I know people who like things which I think are different and don’t turn me on, but I DO believe in their fundamental right to enjoy what they enjoy without judgement and snide remarks.

Which brings me to my point. As gay people we are often discriminated against, hated upon, and generally mistreated by people from all walks of life. Should we not, therefore, be more accepting of one another? How can we hope to gain acceptance from society as a whole if we don’t accept ourselves as a whole?

We are all different. We all have interests and turn-ons and kinks and fetishes and quirks which make us the unique individuals we are. So why spread hate and disdain for one another? It’s only going to perpetuate hate for the gay community if we hate ourselves.

So to the gay man who posted his hateful words, I say learn to accept that which you don’t understand, and learn tolerance, and love and respect for those around you, or you will never truly feel that acceptance from others. I'd rather not have you on my friends list, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Well Said. To each of us our own and my we be blessed the the understanding that we each are different and all these differences result in the richness of the world.

    ReplyDelete