The Other Blog

This Blog is my ranting, raving and otherwise controversial posts blog. There is possibly something to offend everyone, but hopefully more something to make you THINK about something. Proceed with your mind open.

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Love 101

Right. Here we go.

Abuse of the English language aside, one thing a lot of people seem unable to grasp is the concept of love. OK, OK, OK…. Keep your hair on. Let me be clear.

There are many different forms of love. And there is a VAST difference between loving someone and being IN love with someone. Also some people seem to confuse LUST with love. (I could name quite a few people here, but I shan’t)

So I love my biological brother. He is family and there is a bond there. But, honestly, I don’t like him very much. That’s a kind of love. I love my family differently than I love my friends.

I *DO* love my friends. And I tell them that. I say “I love you” – sometimes during conversations – and it freaks some people out. So for the record, here is what I mean when I say to you “I love you”.

I mean that I care about you. That there is a place in my heart for you. That I miss you when you aren’t around. That I feel a bond to you. That I care about what happens to you. That I want only the best for you. I mean that seeing you happy makes me happy.

I am not *in* love with you. And, honestly, I don’t know if that’s something I will be able to feel again after my past – but things change I guess. When I’m in love, I can’t get the person I am in love with out of my mind. And my heart physically hurts to be separated from them. And that scares the shit out of some people, apparently, especially if that same level of love and devotion is not reciprocated from them.

So to my friends, know what I mean when I say ‘I love you’. Because I have a heart larger than you can fathom. And each and every one of you holds a little piece of it in your hands. It’s delicate, and it hurts easily. So don’t abuse it. Don’t treat it with careless abandon. It’s a treasure. And once it’s been wounded, that piece dies, with very little chance of revival.

So thank you to my friends for accepting my love. And for those of you who return that love – thank you. When you feel alone – remember: I love you.

Just sayin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment