The Other Blog

This Blog is my ranting, raving and otherwise controversial posts blog. There is possibly something to offend everyone, but hopefully more something to make you THINK about something. Proceed with your mind open.

Sunday 25 March 2012

Just for the record....

Just for the record.... this blog page is my tongue in cheek, ranty/ravy/invoking discussion blog. It is not for the feint of heart and certainly not for those easily offended. All I can say is - don't take what is said here personally or as an affront. 99% of the time, it is not about you personally.

I love to laugh. I like to be happy and share things which make me smile or think. So here is a thought.
What if people stopped for a few more moments before the post stuff online? What if we reverted back to the "old ways" of thinking. of manners? or respect for one another? What if we decided that starting today, we would treat others with the kindness and respect and caring we would like to be treated with?

I say this, because I notice how it seems to have become the norm for people to find humour in putting down others. I have noticed that some people go so far as to purposely try and stir the pot as it were - spreading rumours and false-hood, and generally making the lives of others miserable. And I don't really get the reasoning behind it. I think perhaps its just for some kind of twisted satisfaction. But what does one actually gain by doing so?

Now I'm not saying that we cant all have our own opinions about people - that's perfectly  normal - but some of these people create these opinions based upon some lie they have created or some suspicion that have. Someone online recently, a victim of such cyber bullying and false rumour spreading, feigned his own suicide to try and expose to the purveyor of these rumours how serious spreading falsehoods about someone could be. Now - granted, I may not agree with the method - but is that what it takes for people to take notice of how they are treating other people? I truly hope not.

Perhaps its just my upbringing, but I cant see the purpose in trying to put others down, or trying to point out their flaws. What do we gain by hurting others? Nothing but some kind of feeling of superiority - based upon our own insecurities?

When I was a kid, other kids used to say "don't point a finger, because there are 3 fingers pointing back at  you" - and while that may sound infantile - i think it holds water. Pointing out the flaws in someone else doesn't make us a better person - it simply points out that we have 3 times as many flaws ourselves, don't you think?

Just sayin....

No comments:

Post a Comment